The accelerated shift to digital payments because of the Covid-19 pandemic has caused more attention to the possibility of fraud and security breaches.
As consumers rush to use digital technology, business too have rushed to match that demand and offer digital solutions, and unfortunately the potential for fraud has increased.
When it comes to adopting digital payments, including both light touch and touchless options, data security and compliance is a most important consideration.
Unfortunately, too many businesses rely on outdated methods and fraud prevention solutions that cannot keep pace with the latest security and fraud threats. This is especially true as businesses rush to put new payment solutions into place with lower in-person transactions due to social distancing.
When selecting a restaurants payments partner, there are five main points to consider:
1) Direct integration with the restaurant POS helps you avoid the risks and costs from third party layers of interfaces
2) Point-to-Point Encryption ensures that the payment information never resides on the POS system
3) Best-in-class data integrations and EMV security levels help you avoid the possibility for chargebacks and fines
4) Choosing a partner that already integrates with your existing POS makes for a less costly, more efficient investment, and potentially offers the highest security option
5) Providing a solution that offers the most seamless process will build trust with your guests so they will leave feeling confident and positive about their dining experience
A solution that allows guests to securely and safely insert chip-enabled cards, complete a touchless payment via a QR code and their mobile phone, complete auto-calculating the tip and splitting the bill, and issue email receipts, will give your restaurant guests the safest and most convenient experience possible.
By installing the latest technology, a payments platform that mitigates chargebacks and enhances payments security, and an overall better customer payments experience, will ultimately result in higher returns for your business.
Learn more information about TableSafe Trust and Security Benefits or the TableSafe Advantage.